Whether you’re a loving the sudden explosion of pumpkin spice, or dreading the oncoming winter weather, you can’t ignore the fact that Fall is here.
The changing season is a great reminder that it’s time to take your vehicle to a trusted auto repair Wake Forrest, NC shop for a maintenance service checkup. With the temperature and weather fluctuations that we’re going to experience soon, it’s important to make sure your automobile is in great working order to face the odds! Need some help deciding what to tell your mechanic to check out this Autumn? Simply refer to Top Notch Car Care center checklist for Fall below!
- Cooling System– Have your trusted mechanic take a look at your cooling system, including the radiator, coolant, belts and hoses, cooling fans, heater core, and water pump. It’s a good idea to have your vehicle’s radiator, belts and hoses looked at as well, as cold or freezing temperatures can especially affect these car parts.
- Tires– Check your tire tread and tire pressure. Those road trips you took this summer probably wore down your tread, so make sure you at least have a tread depth of 3/32 inch! The fluctuating temperatures this Fall will cause your tire pressure to go up and down, so monitor it regularly to help your vehicle stay more efficient.
- Steering and Suspension– Your automobile’s suspension and front-end alignment should be checked at least once a year, and now is as good a time as any. Ask your mechanic to take a look at the ball joints, steering components and tire rods as well.
- Heaters, Defrosters & Windshield Wipers– Three things that you probably won’t realize aren’t working until you really need them. Don’t risk getting stuck in the rain with bad windshield wipers, or have to be late for work because you can’t get the frost off your windows, have these helpful car parts checked out now.
- Oil Change– The most well-known – and frequently needed – auto maintenance service. Since your vehicle is already going to be at the auto shop, just go ahead and have them take care of your oil change service as well. The more you can get completed at once, the easier it will be.
If you have any questions about your car’s maintenance services or auto repair in Wake, NC this Fall, simply stop by Top Notch Car Care Center, and our friendly, expert team will help you in every way we can! You can also give us a call or easily schedule your appointment online. We’re here to help you and your vehicle transition safely into the next season.